As Australasia's leading owner and operator of landmark luxury hotels, Stamford is committed to exceeding the highest expectations of excellence of all our guests. Stamford welcomes people who share this passion and who have a positive approach to 'simply exceptional service'.
We are seeking a talented, dedicated and experienced Demi Chef to join the team of a prestigious Hotel located in Circular Quay.
This stylish brand is an industry leader in Modern cuisine and operation and offers growth opportunities to dedicated professionals.
- Oversee the daily food preparation by Kitchen personnel and co-ordinate their assignments ensuring that standards are being maintained and food preparations are on a timely basis
- Complete daily Food & Beverage requisitions, maintenance requisitions, shift log book enquiries
- Assisting the Executive Chef with menu preparation and ensuring adequate supplies are available for expected service
- Assist in the preparation of weekly rosters for chefs, kitchen hands and stewards
- Assist Executive Chef with managing the training function ensuring all staff are fully certified in their positions before taking charge of an area responsibility.
- Ensure a seamless guest experience through prompt and efficient food service
- A sound kitchen knowledge and understanding of financial KPI's such as food costs, menu costings, labour costs and rostering
- Ability to be proactive in the training and development of your team and be dynamic, inventive and creative in your cooking style
- The flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends
- An Australian recognised Trade or relevant qualification in Commercial Cookery
- At least 3-4 years experience in a similar position in a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Knowledge of HACCP and relevant food safety accreditation
- The ability to work in a fast paced kitchen
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Team Player and the ability to demonstrate strong leadership and motivational qualities
Employees of Stamford Hotels and Resorts are entitled to many outstanding benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please forward your application (covering letter and CV) via the link below.
Please note we will ONLY be contacting candidates who are successful for an interview.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.